The VCI-400 mapping for Mixxx is based on the Serato Limited Edition overlay.
For regular use, make sure the “mixer select” switches are all the way to the left. If you move them to the right, the Play / Cue buttons will be used to select vinyl control modes instead.
How to run modio on mac using crossover. Mixxx DJ Hardware Guide: big list of controllers + sound cards with prices and specs. Post your mapping on the Mixxx forum and/or make a pull request on GitHub and your mapping could be included in the next Mixxx release.:). (got a DDJ-400 about a month ago). My friend's club throws a festival in our school's forest reserve every year.
Most of the functions are exactly as they appear on the overlay, and the overlay is very nicely labeled so that's the best place to start.
The four small buttons below the grouping of 8 buttons selects which mode the 8 buttons are in, either Hot Cues, Loops, Rolls, or Samples. Mixxx remembers which mode is selected on a per-deck basis, so when you toggle the deck-selection switches the mode may change. The button corresponding to the current mode will be lit so you know what mode you're in.
Pioneer Ddj 400 Tutorial
Ddj 400 Review
- In Hot Cue mode, the 8 buttons will move Mixxx to the designated hotcue. If you hold the shift button, the hotcue will be cleared.
- In Loop mode, the 8 buttons will create a new loop at the current position from size 32nd note to 16 beats.
- In Roll mode, holding any of the buttons will temporarily create a loop anywhere from 32nd note to 16 beats.
- In Sampler mode, both sides of the controller launch the same set of 8 samplers. Holding shift will eject a sample.
Some of the buttons have special functions in Mixxx:
- The Vinyl / Slip button. While pushed, the jog wheel is in scratching mode (similar to if you push down on the platter). If you hold this button while spinning the jog wheel, you can let go of the wheel and Mixxx will still be in scratch mode. Great for backspins.
- The Param knob can be used to adjust the musical key of the current track. Twist to make the tone higher or lower. If you hold the shift button (3), use this knob to scroll quickly through the track. Pushing this knob will reset the key.
- Auto Loop knob. Twisting this will change the size of the current loop, either doubling or halving the size. If you hold shift (3), twisting this knob will move the loop left or right by 1 beat per click. Pushing this knob will enable or disable looping.
- The Master FX button enables the 1st FX bank to be applied to the master output.
- The FX Mode button toggles which effect is in the first FX bank.
- Controls FX1 Parameter 2
- Controls FX1 Dry / Wet
- Enable/Disable Keylock
The four small buttons in the center, Area, Panel, Back, and Prepare, don't do anything. Neither does the sampler volume slider.
Some additional functions are accessible with the shift button:
- Shift + Play while the deck is playing does a breaking stop.