When using Extreme Tuning, set the key of your song in GarageBand before applying the effect for best results. You can then additional effects like echo or reverb.
Set the key and scale of the song
- In this beginner’s guide, i’ll show you how to use autotune in GarageBand for macOS. Love it or loathe it, Autotune (or pitch correction) is everywhere in music right now. While it’s sometimes used as a creative tool in itself, dialed up to 11 to create a robotic, warbling sound that’s become ubiquitous with artists like T-Pain.
- May 12, 2017 GarageBand songs defaults to the key of C. On iPhone and iPod Touch, tap Settings in the control bar, and then tap Song. On iPad, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPhone 7 Plus, tap Song Settings in the control bar. Tap the key for your song. Tap the scale for your song (major or minor).
- Are there any vocal auto tune plugins for GarageBand? Question Close. Posted by 2 years ago. Here is a link to a video blog on using AutoTune/pitch correction within GarageBand. I underestimated GarageBand on iPad. Its insane how useable it is.
Extreme Tuning uses your song's key and scale settings to apply the effect. If the actual key or scale of your song differs from the key or scale setting, the effect might be less pronounced, or might change the pitch of individual notes in the track in undesirable ways.
GarageBand songs defaults to the key of C.
How To Use autotune on Garageband. Yes, you can use GarageBand's Auto Tune to sound like T Pain and Kanya West. To start with, in GarageBand, click the plus sign in the bottom left hand corner to create a new track. A window will pop up, Real Instrument Track should be selected by default.
- On iPhone and iPod Touch, tap Settings in the control bar, and then tap Song. On iPad, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPhone 7 Plus, tap Song Settings in the control bar.
- Tap Key.
- Tap the key for your song.
- Tap the scale for your song (major or minor).
Access the Extreme Tuning setting
Extreme Tuning is optimized for male and female voices, but you can apply it as a creative effect to any mono audio track, like a bass guitar or other live instrument.
To access the Extreme Tuning setting:
- In Tracks view, tap the audio region in an audio track to select it.
- Tap Microphone on the toolbar to open the Audio Recorder settings.
- On iPhone or iPod touch, tap Navigation , tap the current Audio Recorder setting (such as Clean), tap Fun, then tap Extreme Tuning.
On iPad, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPhone 7 Plus, tap Fun, then tap the Extreme Tuning icon.
- Adjust Pitch Control and Distortion to fine tune the sound.
How To Get Autotune On Garageband
Add additional effects
Izotope' s rx plugin download. To add additional effects like Reverb or Echo:
How To Use Autotune On Garageband For Ipad 7
- On iPhone and iPod Touch, tap Settings , then tap Track Controls . On iPad, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPhone 7 Plus, tap Track Controls .
- Under Master Effects, adjust the Echo and Reverb sliders, or tap Master Effects to change the Echo and Reverb presets.