Although Apple makes an effort to ensure that all of its pre-installed Mac apps are great, not every app is going to be your go-to utility on macOS. Take iMovie, Photos, or GarageBand as examples: the first is nice, easy-to-use software for editing videos; the second will help you manage photos; and GarageBand is a. Mar 27, 2017 Don't worry in this video you will quickly learn how to download GarageBand onto your macbook or Apple Computer for only $4.99 in the app store. Follow us on Instagram: http//:www.instagram.com. Aug 05, 2018 How To Use GarageBand on Mac Super Effectively! How GarageBand Works on Mac. You will discover that when it comes on how to use GarageBand on Mac effectively, the process is pretty simple. Actually, within a short span of time, you will be producing your next hit song using GarageBand. Tips to Perfectly Uninstall GarageBand on Mac OS X. How to uninstall GarageBand on Mac computer? If you encounter problem when trying to delete GarageBand as well as its associated components, read through this removal tutorial and learn about how to perfectly remove any unwanted applications on your Mac.
GarageBand is one of pre-installed applications which we find on our Apple devices. In a nutshell GarageBand is a digital audio workstations for macOS and iOS devices that allows users to create audio files. But not many users actually have the need of this software. On the other hand GarageBand annoyingly occupies a lot of the already less amount of storage space available on iOS devices. In this article we are going to learn How to remove GarageBand from Mac and iOS. Read along to find out!
But before we move forward with the methods to remove GarageBand, let us first take a look at it’s features. In this way you can make an informed decision on whether you want to remove GarageBand or not. In case you’re interested in the methods itself, feel free to skip straight to the ‘How to’ section.
TeamViewer Host is used for 24/7 access to remote computers, which makes it an ideal solution for uses such as remote monitoring, server maintenance, or connecting to a PC or Mac in the office or at home. TeamViewer is designed to let you seamlessly access a Mac remotely from all kinds of devices including Linux, Windows and OS X remote desktops, so you can enjoy uninterrupted working. Mac Remote Desktop: A Comparison. Regarding the abilities of MacOS-based TeamViewer client and Windows PC operational node, they are absolutely the same. In the Actions menu category, you may leave a simple text note for your partner on the remote machine, reboot or lock the station, send Ctrl+Alt+Del and any other hotkeys combinations, invite additional participants to your web-conference or apply an update to TeamViewer instance. Apr 01, 2020 To read further instructions on how to connect TeamViewer Mac to PC, we recommend you read this extensive manual. Alternatives to TeamViewer for Mac. TeamViewer is likely the most popular remote desktop solution for Mac, but there are several reasons to. Does teamviewer work from mac to pc. Re: controlling a mac from pc Yes, install TeamViewer on both and log into your Contacts and Computers and you should be able to control each from the other. If my post was helpful, Please throw me a Kudos. If my post fixed your issue, please mark it as the solution to help the next person find a solution quickly.
- 2 How To Uninstall GarageBand on Mac
- 3 How to Delete GarageBand Library Files, Caches & Preferences on Mac
We already know that GarageBand is essentially a audio creating and editing software tool. Let us take a deeper look and learn about its features.
- Audio Recording
- Virtual Software Instruments
- Guitar features
- MIDI editing
- Music lessons
- Additional audio loops
- Third party instruments and Apple loop packages
- Sample multi track source file
Now that we have learnt about the essential features of GarageBand, you must have already probably decided whether you fancy it’s exciting features or not. In case you still don’t, read below to find out about methods to get rid of it.
How To Uninstall GarageBand on Mac
So here are some of the best and simple methods to uninstall Garageband from Macbook.
How Do I Reinstall Garageband On My Mac
Method 1. Drag GarageBand icon to the Trash
Download Garageband For Pc
The easiest method to delete garageband is to move it to trash.
- Click on Applications on the left hand side.
- Now, Select GarageBand.
- Drag GarageBand to the Trash
- Or instead of dragging you can simply right click on it and then select Move to Trash option.
- Right click the Trash icon
- Select Empty Trash option
Method 2. Delete GarageBand in the Launchpad
Another simple method to remove garageband from MacOS.
- Open Launchpad
- Type GarageBand in the search box.
- Click and hold GarageBand icon with your mouse until it begins to kind of wiggle.
- Nox click the “X” that appears on the upper left corner.
Method 3. Launch GarageBand built-in uninstaller
Yes, it does come with an uninstaller.
- Double click on GarageBand to open it.
- Double click on the uninstaller package and and run it.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to uninstall the software.
Also Read: How to Free up Space on Mac
How to Delete GarageBand Library Files, Caches & Preferences on Mac
Even after removing Garageband, The library files and other cache files still remain. Here are ways how you can clear those files.
Part 1. Top Level Library on Hard Disk: /Library
- Open Finder
- Click on the Go from the Menu Bar
- Select Go to Folder.
- Type the path of the top level Library on hard disk: /Library
- Press Enter Key.
- Search for the items with the name of GarageBand in the following locations:
- /Library/Application Support
- Right-click the matched files or folders
- Select the Move to Trash option.
Part 2. User Library inside Home Folder(~/Library)
- Navigate to Go
- Now select Go to Folder
- Type ~Library in the box
- Press the Enter key.
- Identify and delete the similar named files or folders in the same set of folders:
- ~/Library/Application Support
- Empty your Trash.
That’s it. All files are now removed.
How to remove GarageBand from iOS
Do you wish to remove garageband from iPhone or iPad? Here are the ways;
- Locate the GarageBand app icon on your Home screen.
- Tap and hold on the GarageBand app icon for a few seconds. In a few seconds, a small x will appear at the top-left corner of the icon.
- Tap on the x
- Tap the red Delete button to confirm.
I hope that you were able to uninstall GarageBand from your Mac and iOS . In case if you face any difficulty, please feel free to comment and let us know. We will get back to you as soon as possible. I hope you found the article informative and enjoyed reading it. This is all for the day. Thanks for reading!
Remove GarageBand for Mac, install GarageBand '11 (v6.0.5), then reinstall GarageBand for Mac:
- Move GarageBand for Mac (v10.x) from your Applications folder to the Trash. You may be asked to enter an administrator password.
- From the top level of your hard drive, open the Library folder, then open the Application Support folder. Drag the GarageBand folder to the trash. You may be asked to enter an Administrator password.
- You'll need to empty the Trash, but first make sure that you don't have anything else in the Trash that you want to keep. Remove any items that you want to keep, then empty the Trash (choose Finder > Empty Trash).
- Open the Mac App Store and make sure that you're signed in to the Mac App Store with the Apple ID you used to purchase GarageBand '11 (v6.0.5). This step is appropriate even if you originally installed GarageBand from disc.
- Click Purchases in the Mac App Store toolbar, then look for GarageBand '11 (v6.0.5) in the list of purchased apps. If you don't see it in the list, make sure it's not hidden.
- Click Install to download and install GarageBand '11 (v6.0.5).
- After installation is complete, open GarageBand and allow the basic content to download and install. You may be asked to enter an administrator password.
- Quit GarageBand, then return to the Mac App Store and make sure that you're signed in with the Apple ID you used to purchase GarageBand for Mac (v10.x).
- Click Purchases in the Mac App Store toolbar, then look for GarageBand (without a version number) in the list of purchased apps. If you don't see it in the list, make sure it's not hidden.
- Click Install to download and install GarageBand for Mac (v10.x). GarageBand '11 (v6.0.5) will be moved to a folder named GarageBand '11 (v6.0.5) in your Applications folder.
- If you previously purchased additional content for GarageBand, open GarageBand and choose Restore Purchase from the GarageBand menu.